Written by Lindsey Ethridge
Even though the summer is gone, that doesn’t mean you still can’t jam out at a music festival. The past weekend, Atlanta’s Piedmont Park held their annual Music Midtown festival. As a returning guest, I know my way around, but to help you first-timers, I’ve come up with 5 things you should do at a music festival.
- Collect as many souvenirs as possible.
It’s a great idea to get at least one souvenir to bring home from your festival. This is a great way to show that you had a great time and you have a little keepsake for when you go home.
- Try different types of foods. Chances are there are gonna be food vendors at your music festival. It’s really cool to be able to see the food from different cultures or just food you’ve never seen or been able to try.
- Listen to artists you’ve never heard before. Even though you are most likely going for a specific band or artists, there will be a lot of time to kill while waiting between concerts. It’s a great idea to walk around and check out some other music you’ve never listened to before.
- Take plenty of pictures and videos. This one may be a no brainer but it still needs to be said. It’s a great way to re-live your favorite performances. You can also use these pictures and videos to show your friends that you are definitely having a better time than they are.
- Put your phone down and enjoy the music. I know that it’s important to record every moment but it’s still important to actually enjoy the music. The most fun you can have at a music festival is when your phone is in your pocket and you’re just dancing to the music!