Written by Emily Meneses
In the wake of the new second semester, teachers are already stressed about not only their current ninth graders, but also for the rising ninth graders.
Registration is coming up quite soon for both middle school campuses and the nerves are on the rise. Some students may not be aware of the many opportunities available to them at the 9th Grade Campus, for many have put off class choices, while others are not bold enough to dive into an AP/Honors class.
To relax those frets, here are a few tips to the upcoming registration for the Class of 2021:
- The night before, try to get an idea about the classes you are wanting to take.
- Make sure to radiate cheerful and confident thoughts. A bad mood may ruin your chances of picking a good class/elective tailored to you.
- Make a good first impression. The teacher that is registering you may as well be your next teacher, so make sure to make a lasting impression.
- Be calm. Sometimes it is hard to remain tranquil when you’re in a room full of strangers while your parents watch you sign off your new high school career.
- Shoot for a challenge. If you want to be successful in high school, try to challenge yourself with Honors/AP classes
Those are some tips for when registering for your freshman year. If you go through with all or most of them, then it is more likely that you’ll have a successful start to next year.
Best of luck Class of 2021!